How to setup Canon Printer Using Canon Ij Setup Method
In this post we have described the process to installation of Canon ij printer setup via ij.start.cannon method. We have explained the setup process for both wired and wireless connection for Windows and Mac operating system.
Some Important points to keep in mind before starting
- Always keep the model number of your printer in hand before starting with the http://ij.start.canon setup process.
- Make sure that your device has enough storage space for installing driver.
- Turn on your printer.
- Ensure that your device has an working internet connection.
Setup Canon Printer On Windows (Wireless)
In this setup wireless router is necessary for the procedure . Ensure that your wireless router is connected properly
- Download and install your printer driver from ‘CANON PAGE’
- Plugin your printer in power switch and turn it on.
- Now open the downoaded setup of drivers from your pc and click next untill you see the screen with option of “Wireless Setup”.
- Now after selecting the wireless option, go to your Canon printer screen and tap on WiFi setup button.
- Select the device settings and click on OK.
- Choose Device Settings>LAN Settings and press ‘OK’ button.
- Open ‘LAN settings’ and select ‘Wireless Lan Setup’ option and press OK. Now your printer will search for access point
- Turn on your wifi router. Now, WiFi flash lamp will blink on the printer.
- Next, a network list will appear on the screen. Select your WiFi network from the list and press on ‘OK’.
- Now it will ask for your WPA/WEP key (WiFi password). Enter your correct password here and press on ‘OK’ button
- In a few moments your printer will connect to WiFi network.
- Hence, by using the above steps you can easily complete Canon ij wireless setup for your Windows system.
To make sure your printer is added on your Windows system, follow these steps-
- Firstly, open ‘control panel’ and select ‘devices and printers’ option.
- Check if your printer is visible on the next screen with a green check mark. If not, then you need to manually add by clicking on the ‘Add printer’ option.
- Now you will see the list of all available printers on screen. Select your Canon printer from it.
- Tap next and add your printer
- Once it is added, you will see your printer added with a green check mark.