One of the most common error that people face while using Hp Printers is HP Printer Offline issue.It is a very common issue that happens with connected printers and can be easily resolved by following these easy steps mentioned below.
What happens when your printer goes offline.
It can be really frustating when you are printing some important documents and suddenly you face this error message that your Hp Printer is offline.It happens beacause your printer can’t communicate with the device sending the print jobs as a result your printer is not able to print documents that are in the queue,it is wise to cancel all the print jobs until the issue is fixed.Few reasons why your printer is facing this issue can be :
- Connection issues
- Outdated Drivers
- Error in setting
Steps to Follow To bring Printer Back Online
Make Sure Your Printer Offline Mode is Not Selected
- Select the ‘start’ menu- click on ‘settings’
- Click on ‘devices’ – ‘printer and scanners’
- Now from the listed printers, select and right click on your HP printer.
- Thereafter from the menu, uncheck the option of “Use Printer Offline”. Now your Hp printer will come back in online mode.
Ensure your printer is "Set as default printer" to fix the issue
- If your HP printer keeps going offline on your Windows 10 or any other operating system, follow these given troubleshooting steps –
- Click on Windows button and type in ‘Run’. Now type ‘Control Panel’ in the dialogue box and press ‘OK’.
- Click on the ‘Device and Printer’ option after which you will see your listed HP printer. If your printer has a green check mark, it means that your printer is already ‘set as default’.
- If not then right click on your printer and click the option of “Set as a default printer”. Now your printer will successfully work and printer offline problem will no longer be visible in your HP printer.Now your printer will successfully work and printer offline problem will no longer be visible in your HP printer.
- Now your printer will work fine and will be online again.
Check Printer Driver - Remove or Update Outdated Version
Your Printer can also become offline because of outdated or corrupt drivers.Follow the steps below to update or reinstall drivers of your windows.
- Go to the Windows search and find “Device Manager” and click on it
- Now expand the section where it says ‘Printers’.
- Now from the expanded section, locate your printer’s model number and ‘Right Click’ on it and click on ‘Update Driver’ option.
- Next press on the ‘search automatically’ option and wait for your printers driver to update. Once the process is completed, restart your computer.
- If you want to re-install your driver, go to ‘control panel’ and click on ‘remove programs’ and uninstall your existing HP printer driver. Thereafter Download the HP Printer’s driver from HP’s website and install it. To know more about this process.
After following these steps your printer will come back online again and you will not receive any error message of printer becoming offline while printing.
Troubleshoot Printer Spooler Settings
HP printer shows offline message when printer spooler is stopped. To fix this, follow these steps-
- First of all, open ‘Run’ dialog box and type “Services.msc”and Click on “OK”
- Now from the listed items, locate the option of “Print Spooler”
- Right click on it and slect “Stop” option to pause the print spooler services.
- Next click on the address bar from the ‘Windows File Explorer’ and type C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printer and click on ‘OK’.
- Now delete all the files from printer folder to clear the printing queue.
- Thereafter, go back to “Print Spooler” and right click on it and select “Start” option to resume the spooler service again.
- Lastly, restart your computer and printer and your complain of “HP printer Says offline” will be gone.