Steps for Fixing Hp Printer in Error State:
Including many common errors found in HP Printers, an error HP printer in error state generally pops up when the HP printer user tries to connect the printer to the device or print any document. This could not be the only reason why HP printer is in error state shows up. There could be a lot of factors undermining this error.
Changes in software or windows drivers can also cause it. We will look at why this error shows up and how we can fix it. Let’s dive in.
Why Does The Error Appear?
HP printer is in error state is a message that appears in a pop-up dialogue box on the computer screen. It usually occurs when you try to send any command for connecting or printing any document. It can happen for many reasons, but the main culprit is Windows Update which interferes between your system and computer.
How to check if your printer is giving an error:
- Check the windows notification panel
- Check whether if your printer is showing in the printers list
- From the taskbar, go to drop-down settings and check if your printer is showing or not.
- If the printer is not showing in the taskbar, click Start andsearch “Printers & Scanners.” You will see the list of printers attached or ever attached to your computer.
What to do if Your Printer Goes in Error State?
Printer in the error state, especially when trying to print something, can be frustrating. Following are some of the quick fixes that can help your printer get out of the error state.
Check the physical connection of the printer for checking:
- Confirm that your printer is on.
- Check the wires connecting your printer to your computer
- Sometimes a wire can be worn out by extensive usage, ensure that the wire is in proper condition
- Ensure that the printer cable is not damaged as it could also prevent the communication from happening between both ends
Check Whether Your Printer is Online:
- Click the start button and then click the control panel
- In the hardware and sound option, you will see devices and printers
- Click the devices and printers option
- From there, you will see all the devices and printers connected to your computer
- Check if your printer is listed and confirm the availability.
- If the printer is not ready or in an online state, you can bring it in the online form by right-clicking the printer and selecting use printer online
- You will see the printer display ready, and it should fix your error state message
Take a Look at Paper and Ink in the Printer:
People often ignore this step; meanwhile, this is crucial in detecting the problem your printer is causing. For checking the ink and paper:
- Power off the printer and disconnect it from the power source
- Open the tray and check for papers and their adjustment. Sometimes printer is unable to detect papers because of the wrong adjustment
- Check for the ink by removing the casing of the printer
- Low ink can also give printer in error state error
Reinstall the Printer Drivers:
If the above steps are unable to resolve your problem, install the outdated printer drivers. Outdated printer drivers can be the main cause for the error to appear. For downloading the drivers:
- Visit the HP support website and download the latest drivers for your HP printer model number
- Alternatively, you can go to the control panel, click on devices and printers and add a new printer
- The windows will automatically search for compatible drivers and install them while adding the printer
- After the successful installation of your drivers for the printer, you will see the online status with a green checkmark, which means that the drivers are installed, and the printer is ready to use
HP Printer in Error State: Troubleshooting
This is the most essential and straightforward step to check if the printer is working. We have mentioned some of the troubleshooting steps you can configure to check if your printer is working fine or not.
- Check the photocopy of your printer. If it is not working successfully, it means that it is not a software issue but a hardware one
- Disconnect the power source from the printer and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds
- Ensure that you have connected the power cable directly to the primary power source and not on an extension
- Connect the power cable back into the power outlet and press the power button again
- Install HP Print and Scan Doctor software from the official website and scan your printer for errors by this software
Automatic Print Spooler Service:
If you setthe print spooler service to automatic, it can often solve the problem. This service does not allow the HP printer to operate well. This can be the reason your printer is stuck with the HP printer in an error state message.
To set the print spooler service to automatic mode, navigate to these practical steps:
- Launch the Run application by pressing Windows + R key
- Type “service.msc” in the text box and press enter
- You will see a list of services in the window. From there, find “print spooler.”
- Right-click Print spooler and click properties
- You will see a new window; from the new window, select the start type and choose “automatic” and service status in “running” mode
This procedure will solve your problem of “HP printer in error state” hopefully.
These are some of the steps to solve your problem of HP printer in an error state. These steps are known to be effective and can solve your issue. Make sure that all the steps mentioned above are performed in the exact order. If the problem still persists you can contact Hp Customer Support. For more information, you can reach out to us anytime as we are just a text away.